How to clean your air fryer
We love air fryers because of their convenience and versatility. However, no amount of tasty chips can make up for the fact that they need a deep clean regularly. With our air fryer range, they’re as simple to clean as they are to cook up tasty dishes. The basket and crisping plate can be popped in the dishwasher, or made sparkling by following a few simple steps. Ideally you should be cleaning your air fryer basket after every use – however, it’s good to give it more of a deep clean from time to time as well.
When it comes to how to clean an air fryer, it’s pretty simple and if you use handy accessories like re-useable air fryer liners, it can be even easier.
Air fryers are incredibly versatile and easy to use – they heat up much faster than an oven which means they use less energy and are cheaper to run. So, it is no wonder they are as popular as they are. With all of that use, however, it’s important to keep your air fryer clean.
How often should I clean my air fryer?
Ideally, you should be cleaning the basket of your air fryer after every use in order to protect it from the build up of food. If you use air fryer liners, you may not need to clean the basket as often, but it’s important to still clean it after every few uses.
The removable crisping plate and basket are dishwasher safe*, for ease of cleaning in the dishwasher or sink after every use. If you spot any stubborn build up, you should also look to deep clean your air fryer – inside the unit wherever you can.
How to clean an air fryer
In order to clean your air fryer, you’ll want the following:
- Washing-up liquid
- Baking soda
- Old toothbrush
- Sponge or Cloth
- Make sure you unplug your air fryer, and have let it cool down completely.
- Disassemble the removable parts of your air fryer such as the basket, trays and cooking pot.
- Next, you can clean each part with warm water and washing liquid – make sure to use a soft cloth or sponge on the non-stick areas as you don’t want to ruin the coating. Alternatively, if you have a dishwasher you can put your Satisfry basket and crisping plate straight in there and wash on your preferred cycle.
- For stubborn food or grease, you can use a toothbrush and a mixture of baking soda and water – leave this on for around 20 minutes before buffing off. Rinse well after cleaning.
- You won’t be able to submerge the main unit of the air fryer, but you do want to clean it. For this, use a damp cloth to clean the exterior – the inside of the air fryer does not need cleaning and the heating element also shouldn’t be touched.
- Dry everything thoroughly and reassemble.
There you have it, cleaning an air fryer is as simple as cooking with an air fryer! For easy to cook recipes for your air fryer, take a look through our recipe collections.
“A pull quote that would take up potentially two or three lines at most”
*Tested on 100 dishwasher cycles