4 August 2021
- 250-300g approx. 4-5 Parsnips
- 1 Onion, peeled; finely sliced
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 50g Butter
- 2 tbsp Curry powder
- 600ml Vegetable stock, hot
- 100ml Double cream
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Step 1 Peel and finely slice the parsnips. Heat the oil in a medium sized deep pan.
- Step 2 Add the onion and cook gently for 4-5 minutes without browning the onions.
- Step 3 Add the butter, once it has melted stir in the curry powder and then cook for a further minute. Add the parsnips and seasoning.
- Step 4 Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the hot stock and bring to the boil. reduce the heat and simmer for approx. 20 minutes until the parsnips are soft.
- Step 5 Remove from the heat and stir in the cream. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 6 Using a jug blender, process the mixture in batches until it is smooth.
- Step 7 To serve, bring the blended soup back to the boil in a pan and garnish with some parsnip crisps and toasted pumpkin seeds.