4 August 2021
Serve with pasta and cheese or in a jacket potato with cheese. Use in a lasagne or moussaka.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 kg Lean minced beef
- 4 White onions, finely chopped
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 500g Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 Tin chopped tomatoes
- 4 tbsp Tomato puree
- 250ml Tomato ketchup
- 2 Beef stock pots or cubes
- 1 tbsp Dried oregano
- To taste Salt and pepper
- Step 1 In a frying pan, heat half of the olive oil.
- Step 2 Fry the onions and garlic in batches until golden brown then add them to your slow cooker.
- Step 3 Add all other ingredients, stir then cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Step 4 Serve with pasta and cheese or in a jacket potato with cheese. Use in a lasagne or moussaka.
- Step 5 Tip - For a vegetarian/vegan option, replace the meat with soya mince or chopped vegetables (carrot and courgette), replace the stock pots/cubes with a vegan alternative.