Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Soft Poppy Seed Rolls
Fresh rolls, topped with poppy seeds - delicious for making sandwiches or enjoying on their own.
- 570g white bread flour
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 sachet active dried yeast (about 2½ tsp)
- 1½ tsp sugar
- 300ml milk, warmed slightly
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (room temperature)
- 75g poppy seeds
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Makes 8-10 rolls)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C
- Mix the milk, eggs, oil, sugar, salt and yeast in a jug or bowl, and leave for 5 minutes.
- Put the flour and poppy seeds in the bowl, and using the dough hook, using a hand mixer, mix on the lowest speed gradually adding the liquid, then increase the speed to 1 and mix for five minutes.
- Remove the dough to a floured surface, cut into 8-10 pieces, and roll into shape. Place on greaseproof baking paper and leave in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Brush with a little egg or milk, and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and hollow sounding on the bottom.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)