Banana and Chestnut Cake with a Butterscotch Icing
29 July 2021
Banana and Chestnut Cake with Butterscotch Icing
- 175g Golden caster sugar
- 3 Ripened bananas
- 175g Self-raising flour
- 175g Unsalted butter
- 3 Large free range eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 100g Cooked chestnuts
- 115g Butter
- 45g Double cream
- 200g Icing sugar
- 45g Soft brown
- Step 1For the cake: Pre heat the oven to 180C. Take a loaf tin approx. 24cm in length and approx. 15cm in width and line with baking paper.
- Step 2In a bowl add the sugar, butter and vanilla essence, mix together to form a light ; fluffy mixture, slowly add the eggs one by one making sure to mix well before adding the next.imagename Desire Matte Black Hand MixerPrice £32.99sku 24672
- Step 3Sieve the flour and mix into the creamed butter and sugar.
- Step 4Roughly chop the chestnuts and lightly mash the bananas and mix through the cake mix.
- Step 5Spoon the mixture into the pre lined cake tin and cook for 30 -40 minutes. When cooked leave to cool fully on a wire rack before icing.
- Step 6For the icing: Take a pan and put it on the heat, add the soft brown sugar and heat until caramelised. Whisk in 15g of the butter until a caramel forms.
- Step 7Slowly and carefully stir in the cream until it all comes together again. Set aside and leave to cool fully.
- Step 8In a bowl whisk the remaining 100g of butter with the butterscotch until white and fluffy, sieve in the icing sugar and slowly stir into the butter.