Global User Generated Content (UGC) Terms & Conditions
Spectrum Brands, Inc. and its related companies, agents, licensees, sublicensees, contractors, successors, legal representatives, assigns, and third-party service providers, marketing or public relations agencies, and other affiliates (Spectrum Brands Group) own or have rights to trademarks including but not limited to Russell Hobbs, George Foreman, Power XL, Emeril Lagasse, Copper Chef, Miracle Chef and Remington (Spectrum Brands Products).
In these Global UGC Terms and Conditions, you agree to allow Spectrum Brands Group to use your photo, video, post, comments, ideas, suggestions, information and/or other materials (the "User Content") you have already posted on social media.
If you post the User Content along with:
- the Russell Hobbs handle of "@russellhobbsuk" in the caption of the post; or
- tag the Russell Hobbs account of “@russellhobbsuk” in the image or video posted; or
- have included a Russell Hobbs product in an image or video; or
- hashtags "#russellhobbs", "#wegetlife” or any other hashtags that are associated with Spectrum Brands Products
to our sites, including social media channels, or respond to Spectrum Brands Group request to use User Content you have already posted you agree to these Terms and Conditions:
1. You irrevocably grant to Spectrum Brands Group a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, fully paid, sub-licensable, transferable in perpetuity right and license to exercise all intellectual property rights in your User Content in whatever manner Spectrum Brands Group desires, including without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety and/or combine your User Content with other material, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such User Content into any medium or technology, including but not limited to our marketing, advertising or promotional purposes, Spectrum Brands Group websites, social media channels, email, paid social media, digital screens, internal and external events, films, cable and broadcast television and other customer communications throughout the world.
2. You agree Spectrum Brands Group do not have to credit your User Content to you, unless otherwise agreed in writing outside of this document.
3. You agree that Spectrum Brands Group is and shall be under no obligation
(i) to maintain any User Content in confidence;
(ii) to make a payment and/ or compensation to you or to a third party, for the use of the User Content;
(iii) to respond to any User Content.
4. You waive your right that you may have to inspect and/ or approve any materials produced by utilising your User Content whether in its original and/or adapted form.
6. Therefore you grant Spectrum Brands Group the right to your social media username, real name, image, likeness, descriptions of you, location, social media handle and/ or other identifying information, including but not limited to your voice, in connection with any use of your User Content posted to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or Google+
7. You represent and warrant to us that:
- you are at least 18 years of age and have the right to enter into this agreement in your own name;
- you are not entitled to any fee, financial reward or other incentives if we use your User Content for any purpose as described in clause 1;
- you are authorised to grant the rights set out in these Global UGC Terms and Conditions, including the intellectual property license;
- you have obtained all the necessary consents and approvals from all persons visible in your User Content;
nothing in the User Content you provided is likely to be considered defamatory, obscene, or threatening to any third party; and
- our use of your User Content will not breach the rights of any third party or any law.
8. You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Spectrum Brands Group and any person acting on their behalf harmless from any claims and liability related to Spectrum Brands Group use of the User Content as permitted herein, whether in existence today or in the future, including, without limitation, all rights, demands and/or liabilities regarding invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, breach of the rights of publicity and privacy, moral rights and/or breach of confidentiality.
9. Furthermore if your User Content contains an endorsement or testimonial of Spectrum Brands Products or services, you further agree that it is a true and accurate expression of your honest belief based on use of Spectrum Brands Products and services and that you have disclosed receipt of any free product or incentives in exchange for providing your post. You acknowledge and agree that the User Content could be subject to “viral” communication (word-of-mouth communication) on third party websites and that Spectrum Brands Group will not be liable for any claim or action in this regard.
• By replying #yesrussellhobbs you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understand, and agree to the above Terms and Conditions.
Please note, Spectrum Brands Group has the right to remove any User Content if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with these Terms and Conditions including if the content is illegal and/or contrary to the accepted standards of morality and/or infringes the rights of third parties.
These Terms and Conditions are personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred by you for any reason whatsoever without Spectrum Brands Group prior written consent; and any action or conduct in breach of the foregoing shall be void and without effect.
You agree that if Spectrum Brands Group does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in these Terms and Conditions (or which Spectrum Brands Group has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Spectrum Brands Group rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Spectrum Brands Group.
If any court of law, having the jurisdiction to decide on this matter, rules that any provision of these Terms and Conditions are invalid, then that provision will be removed without affecting the rest of the Terms and Conditions. The remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions will continue to be valid and enforceable.
This document is the exclusive property of Spectrum Brands Group.
© 2023 Spectrum Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved