You won't be shocked to know a frightening amount of pumpkins are thrown out every year once Halloween is over! Instead why not get creative and give your pumpkin a second life and get inspired with delicous ways to use up this autumnal veg.
· 1 small pumpkin, approx. 400-500g, roasted in olive oil, salt and pepper
· 1 x 400g tin chick peas, drained
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 80 ml olive oil
· 2 tbsp tahini paste
· 1 lemon, juice
· Salt and pepper to taste
· 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
1. Pre heat an oven to 180ºC. Carefully cut the top off the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Scoop out the flesh and put it on a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season then roast in the oven until soft (approx. 30-40 minutes).
2. Put the roasted pumpkin into your Russell Hobbs Desire Matte Black Food Processor along with the chickpeas, garlic, tahini paste, and lemon juice. Process the ingredients into a paste while slowly adding the olive oil.
3. Serve the hummus with the pumpkin seeds.
The Autumn staple food
Keeping you cosy through the colder days, make the most of pumpkin season with this versatile veg providing the ultimate in autumn comfort food.
Pumpkin and Sage Soup
Pumpkin and Banana Bread
Russell Hobbs was founded in the UK in 1952 by Bill Russell and Peter Hobbs, whose combined design and engineering flair allowed them to launch a company that remains a leading brand to this day. Over the years, Russell Hobbs has built up a legacy of design and innovation that placed the brand at the heart of the consumer’s home. The first automatic switch off kettle, the first automatic coffee maker and even the first plastic kettle were all Russell Hobbs innovations.