2 August 2021
- 1 1/2 cups (375ml) Warm water
- 1 tsp Honey
- 7g sachet (2 tsp) Yeast
- 4 cups (600g) Plain flour
- 1 cup Tomato pasta sauce
- 250g Shredded pizza cheese
- 1 Carrot
- 28 Olives
- Step 1In a large bowl, combine together the water, honey and yeast.
- Step 2Once fully mixed, set aside for approximately 10 minutes.
- Step 3Using a stand mixer, combine the flour and salt and then add the yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Step 4Knead this for approximately 10 minutes or until the dough is soft. Place in a bowl and cover with a cloth for 1 hour to prove.
- Step 5Preheat your oven to 250ºC and then transfer your dough to a flour surface.
- Step 6Divide the mixture into four servings. Working on one piece of dough at a time, divide the mixture in half, and then again.
- Step 7Roll the 3 balls of mixture out and then cut them into 3 different sized circles.
- Step 8Place the largest circle on the bottom of a grease proof baking tray and then the medium section of dough should overlap the largest circle.
- Step 9Place the smallest circle at the top for the head.
- Step 10Gently spread the tomatoes sauce over the dough and sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 11Place the carrot piece on the smallest circle for the nose.
- Step 12Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden and the base is fully cooked.
- Step 13Decorate with olives for eyes!