Quick Mid-week Curry
- 3 tbspSunflower oil
- 2 Onion, thinly sliced
- 2Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 inchPeeled ginger
- 1 (If prefer, you can make it hotter by adding more chillies)Chopped chilli
- 400g Can chopped tomatoes
- 400gChopped skinless boneless chicken
- 4 tspGaram masala
- 6 tbspLow fat yogurt
- HandfulCoriander leaves, roughly chopped or torn to serve
- Step 1To create a paste, put the garlic, ginger, chilli and garam masala into your Russell Hobbs blender. Blend until you have a rough paste.
- Step 2Cover the chicken generously with the paste and put to one side to marinade.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a pan, add onion and fry until browned.
- Step 4Add the chicken to the pan and pan fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5Add the tomatoes and juice the heat to simmer for 10 minutes and stir in the yoghurt a tablespoonful at a time.
- Step 6Serve with warm garlic and coriander naans or rice and sprinkle with coriander to finish.