30 July 2021
- 250g Unsalted butter
- 200g Dark muscovado sugar
- 7 tbsp Golden syrup
- 600g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 Egg whites
- to decorate Icing pens
- 500g Icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- Preference Generous selection of sweets of your choice
- Preference Few edible balls
- Step 1Preheat your oven to 180ºC. In a large bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and syrup in a pan on a medium heat.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mix together the flour, bicarbonate soda and ground ginger.
- Step 3Then stir in the butter mixture to make a dough. Add a drop of water if the dough is too stiff.
- Step 4Roll out your dough on a sheet of baking paper and use a house template to cut out the sections of the house until you have two side walls, a front; back wall and two roof panels.
- Step 5Bake all of the sections for approximately 15 minutes or until golden brown then set aside to cool.
- Step 6Put the egg whites in a large bowl and sift in the icing sugar, then stir to make a thick smooth icing.
- Step 7Spoon into an icing bag and pipe along the edges of the sections - this will act as a glue.
- Step 8Once all of the sections are stuck together set aside and allow to dry for approximately 3 hours or until firm.
- Step 9To decorate, pipe icing along the length of the house to look like snow and top with your favourite sweets.