2 August 2021
Meringue can be used as a great base for desserts such as Pavlova.
- 4 Egg whites
- 100g Caster sugar
- 100g Icing sugar
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 120ºC, and line tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Sift the sugars and set aside. Using a Russell Hobbs hand mixer, whisk the egg whites in the bowl on a medium to high speed until fairly stiff.
- Step 3Add half the sugar and continue whisking until smooth and stiff peaks have formed.
- Step 4Remove the bowl, and lightly fold in the remaining sugar with a metal spoon.
- Step 5Spoon or pipe the meringue mixture into 2cm deep circles.
- Step 6Cook on the lowest shelf of the oven for 1 1/2 hours. Cool on a wire rack.
- Step 7Top with berries, grated chocolate or whipped cream.