Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
A delicious hearty breakfast with a superfood twist.
- 140g Porridge Oats
- 850ml Milk
- 150g Gala apple (peeled cut in 1/2 cm pieces)
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 30g Honey
- 30g Flax seed powder
- To garnish Apple slices, flax seeds, honey
- Step 1In a pan heat a drizzle of honey and the apple pieces, cook for 3-4 minutes until the apple has softened and set aside.
- Step 2Put the oats, milk and remaining honey in a pan and put on the heat.
- Step 3Bring to the boil and stir in the cinnamon and flax seed powder, simmer for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Step 4Stir in the apple and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5To serve, garnish with raw sliced apple, flax seeds and a drizzle of honey.