Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Sticky Toffee Apple Bake
The perfect treat for those winter months! Feast your eyes on this Sticky Toffee Apple Bake which will have you wanting seconds!
- 170g butter, melted
- 280g self-raising flour
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. baking powder
- 400ml milk
- 2 large free range eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 Bramley apples
- 120g dark brown sugar
- 180ml boiling water
- 75g pecan nuts, roasted and chopped
For the butterscotch sauce –
- 175g soft dark brown sugar
- 240ml double cream
- 50g butter
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 4-6)
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC. Line and grease a baking tray approximately 5 x 25 x 30 cm (2 x 10 x 12 inches). Add the dark brown sugar to the boiling water and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Once dissolved, set aside.
- Sieve the flour, golden caster sugar, salt and baking powder into a bowl. Separately mix together the milk, butter, eggs and vanilla and then stir this into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Peel, core and slice 6 of the apples. Lay the slices in the bottom of the prepared tray. Pour the batter mixture over the apples. Peel, core and slice the remaining apples and lay the slices over the top of batter. Spoon the dark brown sugar mixture over the top layer of the apple slices.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until the pudding has risen and is cooked through.
- To make the butterscotch sauce, add the ingredients to a pan and slowly bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, cut into portions and spoon over some of the butterscotch sauce. Sprinkle with pecans.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)