For the base:
- 100g strong white flour
- 100g whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp or 7g sachet easy-blend dried yeast
- 125ml warm water
For the topping:
- 200g can chopped tomatoes, juice drained
- Handful cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large courgette, thinly sliced using a peeler
- 25g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 8 green/black olives, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley, to serve
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Mix the flours and yeast with a pinch of salt in a food processor fitted with a dough blade.
- Pour in the water and mix into a soft dough, then work for 1 min.
- Remove the dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface to around 30cm across. Lift onto an oiled baking sheet.
- Spread the canned tomatoes over the dough to within 2cm of the edges. Arrange the cherry tomatoes and courgettes over the top, then scatter with the mozzarella.
- Mix together the onion, olives and garlic in a bowl, and then scatter over the top.
- Drizzle evenly with the oil.
- Leave to rise for 20 minutes.
- Heat oven to 240°C/ fan 220°C/gas 9 or the highest setting.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes until crisp and golden around the edges.
- Scatter with the parsley to serve.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)