Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Tasty nibbles great for sharing or as an accompaniment to grilled meals.
- 150g self raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 125ml milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 280g sweetcorn
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and shredded
- 1 tbsp shredded basil
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 3 tbsp extra light olive oil
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 4)
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre, and then add the milk and eggs whisk until batter is smooth.
- Combine sweetcorn, onion, chilli, basil and parsley into a bowl. Pour in the batter and mix until well blended.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat.
- Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the frying pan and cook on both sides until golden brown.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)