Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Homemade Granola Bars
The perfect snack to satisfy your mid afternoon sweet cravings, and a great guilt-free alternative to a naughty chocolate bar!
- 200g oats
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- 20g sunflower seeds
- 50g flaked almonds
- 20 chia seeds
- 35g desiccated coconut
- 175g butter
- 150g light Muscovado sugar
- 4 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tbsp maple syrup
- 70g rice krispies
- 100g dried cranberries
- 60g dried orange peel
- 60g glace cherries
For the topping –
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp gelatine powder
- 120g Greek yoghurt
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 500g icing sugar
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 13-15 minutes
- Start by pre heating the oven to 160ºC.
- For the granola bars: Combine in a pan the butter, sugar, honey and maple syrup and gently bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure the mixture is well combined. Once you’ve combined the mixture, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add all of the other ingredients together and mix in the butter and sugar, making sure to mix well.
- Next line a baking tray and put the mixture inside, making sure to spread it evenly.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, before taking it out and allowing it to completely cool on a wire rack. Once it’s cooled, place in the fridge to chill.
- For the topping: Combine the Greek yoghurt, vanilla extract, honey and salt in a glass or plastic bowl. Heat gently in the microwave until slightly warmed.
- In a pan heat the water and gelatine powder, stirring continuously until the gelatine has dissolved into the water. Allow it to cool slightly, then mix it into the Greek yoghurt mix.
- Sift the icing sugar gradually into the Greek yoghurt mix, then whisk together using a hand mixer until all the sugar is combined.
- Remove the chilled granola from the fridge and drizzle the Greek yoghurt mix over the top. Finish by cutting into snack sized bars and serving.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)