Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Bacon, Banana And Maple Syrup French Toast Bake
Bring a little sweetness to your brunch with the bacon, banana and maple syrup French toast bake. Made for filling the bellies of your family and friends, this American inspired delight will go down a treat, when you get together for brunch
- 140g porridge oats
- 850ml milk
- 12 rashers pancetta, grilled
- 2 whole bananas, sliced
- Drizzle of maple syrup
- Garnish: - banana slices, crispy pancetta, maple syrup
Method (click to mark as completed)
Preparation time: 5-10 minutes plus 2-3 hours refrigeration time
Cooking time: 25-35 minutes
- Using a hand mixer combine the eggs, cinnamon, maple syrup, sugar, milk and cream together.
- Next, grease a baking dish and arrange the bread slightly overlapping in the dish with the banana pieces mixed in between the bread. Then pour the mixture over the top and press down to make sure that all the bread has liquid on. Cover and refrigerate your French toast bake for at least 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Before putting your bake into the oven, sprinkle some extra sugar on the top.
Finally, sprinkle with the bacon pieces and bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes until golden brown and set. Drizzle with a little more maple syrup, then serve.
Recommended Russell Hobbs Product: Desire Hand Mixer
Completed steps (click to remove last step)