- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1½kg of beef, cubed
- 500ml beef stock
- 1 can (400g) of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp whole black peppercorns
- 260g frozen peas
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 6)
- In a large frypan, brown the beef over a high heat for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat the slow cooker for 20 minutes on HIGH.
- Layer carrots, potatoes and onions in the bottom of the slow cooker's ceramic bowl. Then top with beef, bay leaf, and black peppercorns.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the stock, tomatoes, and thyme. Pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook for 3-4 hours on HIGH or 7-8 hours on LOW.
- Stir in the peas 15 to 20 minutes before serving and cook on HIGH.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, stir in the parsley and remove bay leaf before serving.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)