Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
This fiery chilli is a delicious dish that the whole family can enjoy.
- 450g braising beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika or chipotle powder
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 1 green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tin kidney beans
- Large handful of fresh Basil
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Peel and chop the onions and garlic. Chop the beef, tomatoes and pepper into bite sized chunks.
- Place the oil in your Russell Hobbs Multi Cooker and select the steam programme.
- After 1 minute add the meat chunks and brown, turning occasionally – leave the lid open so you can check the meat.
- When browned slightly, take the meat out of the multi cook and leave in a bowl. Add the onions, garlic and all the herbs to the oil in the Multi cooker and stir well.
- When the onions have softened, place the meat back into the bowl. Then place everything else bar the kidney beans into the bowl, stir well. Close the lid and select the stew option.
- After an hour add the kidney beans and check the meat – if it is still a little tough – add a little water so it does not go dry and repeat the meat programme for an additional 30 minutes.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)