Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich With Crunchy Coleslaw
Authentic southern-style cooking made easy. This slow cooked pulled pork recipe is easy to prepare and comes with heaps of flavour.
- 2 lb. boneless pork shoulder
- 40g brown sugar
- 1 tspb chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 140 ml cider vinegar
- 120ml water
- ½ bottle BBQ sauce
For the coleslaw:
- 60g mayonnaise
- 60g sour cream
- 1 heaped tsp grainy mustard
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ white cabbage
- 2 warrots
- 1 red onion
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Place the pork into your Russell Hobbs Slow Cooker. Mix together the brown sugar, chilli powder, garlic, salt, and pepper, then rub over the meat. Add all but 2 tablespoons of the vinegar and 120ml water.
- Place into the slow cooker along with the red onion and cook until the meat is tender and shreds easily, on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, the 2 tablespoons of vinegar, the mustard and a little salt and pepper. Using your Russell Hobbs Food Processor slice the cabbage, and onion and grate the carrots. Mix the two well then leave in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Before serving, transfer the pork to a bowl, discarding the liquid. Using 2 forks shred the meat. Mix in the barbecue sauce, (this can be found in most supermarkets). Serve the pork on the rolls with the coleslaw - a great family tea!!
Completed steps (click to remove last step)