Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Easy Salmon Fishcakes
These Easy Salmon Fishcakes make a delicious last minute meal or are a great way to use up leftovers.
- 3 medium potatoes (or sweet potatoes)
- 300g cooked salmon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 large egg, beaten
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/Gas 7.
- Bring a large pan of water to boil, add the potatoes and cook for around 20 minutes.
- Pour breadcrumbs onto one plate and pour the beaten egg on to another.
- Once potatoes are cooked, drain and mash them with a small knob of butter. Allow to cool.
- Add the fish and mix well then add the lemon, spring onion, coriander and a little pepper.
- Form 6 - 8 patties from the mixture and flatten by hand. The cooler the mash potato is when you do this; the easier it will be to form the patties.
- Take each pattie and dip both sides into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Heat a large frying pan with a generous glug of olive oil. When the oil is hot, carefully lower the fish cakes into the pan.
- Cook for 5 - 7 minutes or until golden brown underneath and then carefully flip them over.
- Fry for another 5 - 7 minutes or until golden on the bottom and heated all the way through.
- Serve with a sprinkle of coriander.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)