Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Impress your guests with this crowd-pleasing dessert. A simple vanilla cheesecake with added wow for a lasting impression.
For the cheesecake:
- 100 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g demerara sugar
- 50 g butter, melted
- 500 g full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 ml double cream, lightly whipped
For the Salted Caramel Sauce:
- 100g white sugar
- 60ml water
- 50g butter, cubed
- 50ml double cream
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin.
- Crush the biscuits using a food processor or alternatively, place the biscuits into a sealed bag and crush using a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, once melted stir in the crushed biscuits and mix well. Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and flatten using the back of spoon. Leave to chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer beat together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract until well mixed. Fold in the double cream, mixing well.
- Once the biscuit base has chilled, spoon over the filling, and smooth out with a knife.
- Leave to chill in the fridge for a further two hours.
- To make the salted caramel, put the sugar in a saucepan and pour over the water. Set over a medium heat and stir continuingly.
- Once it turns a deep, but not dark, amber colour (about seven minutes), take it off the heat and whisk in the butter until it is completely melted, then stir in the double cream and ½ tsp salt.
- Once you have a smooth sauce, take off the heat and allow to cool, and then pour the sauce over the cooled cheesecake and serve.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)