Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Meringue can be used as a great base for desserts such as Pavlova.
- 4 egg whites
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g icing sugar
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Makes 12)
- Preheat the oven to 120°C, and line tray with baking paper.
- Sift the sugars and set aside. Using a Russell Hobbs hand mixer, whisk the egg whites in the bowl on a medium to high speed until fairly stiff. Add half the sugar and continue whisking until smooth and stiff peaks have formed.
- Remove the bowl, and lightly fold in the remaining sugar with a metal spoon.
- Spoon or pipe the meringue mixture into 2cm deep circles.
- Cook on the lowest shelf of the oven for 1½ hours. Cool on a wire rack.
- Top with berries, grated chocolate or whipped cream.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)