Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Sweet Potato Burgers
These hearty veggie burgers are bursting with flavour.
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 150g breadcrumbs
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4g ground cumin
- 3g ground mace
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- ½ lemon, juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Wash and pierce sweet potatoes with a fork. Place them on a baking tray and bake in an oven at 180C until soft.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to cool slightly then cut them in half and scope out the flesh. Mix the sweet potato with all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Divide the potato mixture into eight equal portions and mould into burger shapes. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to setting 5. When hot, brush the plate with a little olive oil and cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)