Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Coq Au Vin
This classic French chicken casserole cooked with the Russell Hobbs multi cooker means the flavours are even more intense!
- 1.5 kg Chicken meat (use breast and thighs)
- 50g Lardons
- 15 Pearl Onions (small Shallots will do)
- 3 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Bouquet Garni
- 15 Button Mushrooms
- 2 tbsp. Brandy
- ½ ltr. Red Wine
- 2 tbsp. Butter and Flour (to thicken)
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Firstly turn on your Russell Hobbs Multi Cooker and select the Steam programme
- Place the lardons and the peeled onions in the pan with the butter
- Chop the chicken into chunks. When the onions are lightly browned add the chicken pieces, the garlic, whole mushrooms and the bouquet garni
- Sauté for a further 3-5 minutes with the lid closed
- Pour the brandy and the wine into the bowl. Select the stew programme and leave for 1 hour
- When cooked, check the flavour and add salt and pepper where needed.
- To thicken the sauce take 2 tbsp. Flour and butter – mix in a small bowl then add to the sauce and mix well for a couple of minutes. Enjoy this amazing casserole with potatoes and vegetables.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)