Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Vegetarian Christmas Crackers
Another one of our tasty ideas for a vegetarian Christmas.
- 200g packet ready rolled filo pastry
- 50g (2oz) butter, melted
- Fresh chives
- Red pepper
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1/2 lime, grated rind and juice
- 50g (2oz) feta cheese, crumbled
- 15ml (1tbsp) fresh coriander, chopped
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Take the sheets of filo and cut into 4 slices. This should give you rectangles approximately 15x20cm in length.
- In a large bowl, mix together the feta cheese, coriander, juice of 1/2 lime, red pepper and grated rind.
- Place one sheet on a smooth surface and brush with a little melted butter, place a second layer on top and brush with a little bit more butter.
- Place a spoonful of the mixture at the edge in the centre and roll up - pinch the edges to make a cracker shape. Tie the ends with string.
- Place on a baking sheet and brush with a little more melted butter - this will make them crispy, golden and beautiful.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 190°C/375°F/gas 5 for approximately 15 mins until the pastry becomes golden and crisp.
- Finish off with fresh chives and very thin strips of red pepper for 'bows'
Completed steps (click to remove last step)