Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Christmas Dinner On A Stick
All of your favourite parts of a Christmas dinner in one delicious mouthful! A great canape or party treat.
- 1 large potato or enough to make 12 ½ cm slices
- 200g turkey breast
- 1 large chipolata sausage or enough to make 12 pieces
- 100g stuffing
- Cranberry sauce
- 12 sage leaves
- Gravy to serve
Method (click to mark as completed)
Makes approx. 12
You’ll need 12 good quality cocktail sticks
- Cut the turkey breast in half length-ways and roll each piece tightly in cling film, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
- Remove from film and season. Brown the outside in a pan then cook in the oven until cooked through and the juices run clear. Leave to cool and cut into 12 equal sized pieces.
- Cut the potato into discs approx. 4-5 cm in diameter, season and roast in the oven until golden brown.
- Whilst the potatoes are roasting, cook the sausage(s) and then cut into 12 equal pieces, set aside.
- Fry the sage leaves in a little oil for 1-2 minutes.
- For each stick, first start with the potato disc followed by the turkey, sausage and stuffing, top with a little cranberry sauce and finish with the sage leaf. Hold it all together with a good quality cocktail stick.
- Serve with gravy.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)