Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Chocolate Christmas Pudding
A new take on the classic! Bored of the traditional Christmas Pudding? Impress your guests with this tasty chocolate version.
For the topping:
- 450g dark chocolate
- 30g butter
- 1 shot brandy
- 220g combination of mixed fruit/ glace cherries
- 170g combination of hazelnuts/ walnuts, lightly crushed
- 175g digestive biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 350g dark chocolate
- 30g butter
- 150g white chocolate
Method (click to mark as completed)
Serves approx. 10
You’ll need 8-10 pudding moulds or ramekins
- Lightly coat your pudding moulds or ramekins with oil and set aside. In a bowl add the dried fruit, broken biscuits and crushed nuts.
- In a separate bowl break the chocolate up into small pieces and add the butter, melt in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water until completely melted and combined. Add the brandy.
- Pour the chocolate over the other ingredients and mix well, spoon into the mould and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before turning out on to a wire rack with a tray underneath.
For the topping
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl then spoon over the top of the pudding allowing the chocolate to cover the pudding, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate in a bowl and spoon over the top of the dark chocolate, allowing this to drip down the side. Refrigerate for at least a further 30 minutes before serving.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)