Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Chocolate And Orange Fondant
There's nothing better than a melt in the middle indulgent chocolate pudding. Oh wait, there is! Introducing the Chocolate Orange Fondant…
- 200g dark chocolate
- 200g unsalted butter, plus extra for the moulds
- Zest of 2 oranges, finely chopped
- 140g caster sugar
- 4 large free range eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting the moulds
- 1 tsp baking powder
Method (click to mark as completed)
Makes approx. 6-8 fondants
You’ll need 6-8 pudding moulds
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Take 6 – 8 ramekins, depending on size and brush with butter, refrigerate until set and brush again. Dust with cocoa powder and set aside in the fridge to chill.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl, once melted stir in the orange zest. In a separate bowl combine the eggs and sugar together and whisk until light in colour and fluffy in texture, this should take approximately 8 – 10 minutes.
- Whilst continuously whisking add the chocolate mixture to the egg and combine well. Sieve the flour, baking powder and cocoa and fold gently into the chocolate mixture.
- Divide the mixture between the buttered moulds making sure to only fill ¾ full. Cook for 12 – 14 minutes. Serve with ice cream or double cream.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)