Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Chicken Fillets With Pesto
Impress your guests by serving up this glamorous and nutritious dish.
- 4 chicken fillets, skin and fat removed
- 4 tbsp pesto
- Snow peas
- Asparagus spears
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Pinenuts, toasted
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Serves 4)
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the thick end of the chicken fillets. Slice the fillet horizontally, without cutting right through. Open the fillet, spread with the pesto and pinenuts and “close” both sides together and fasten with toothpicks.
- Arrange the fillets in the base of a steamer dish and cook for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked. Remove from the steamer and allow to cool slightly while you cook the snow peas and asparagus.
- Place the snow peas and asparagus spears in a steamer dish each. Allow the snow peas to cook for 4 - 5 minutes and for asparagus 5 – 7 minutes.
- When vegetables are ready, remove toothpicks from the chicken and cut into diagonal slices. Spoon juices collected in the juice tray over the chicken.
- Serve with a mayonnaise into which finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, finely shredded basil and a little more of the pesto have been stirred.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)