Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Apple & Cinnamon Porridge
A delicious hearty breakfast with a superfood twist.
- 140g porridge oats
- 850ml milk
- 150g gala apple, peeled, cut into ½ cm pieces – cooked in 30g of honey
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 30g Manuka honey
- 30g flax seed powder
- Garnish: - apple slices, flax seeds, Manuka honey
Method (click to mark as completed)
- In a pan heat a drizzle of honey and the apple pieces, cook for 3-4 minutes until the apple has softened and set aside.
- Put the oats, milk and remaining honey in a pan and put on the heat.
- Bring to the boil and stir in the cinnamon and flax seed powder, simmer for 4-5 minutes stirring constantly making sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the apple and simmer for a further 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, garnish with raw sliced apple, flax seeds and a drizzle of honey.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)