- 600g strong white bread flour
- 2½ tsp active dried yeast (1 sachet)
- 345 ml warm water
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil/butter
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
Method (click to mark as completed)
Method (Makes a 1kg/2lb loaf)
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add the water and oil. Mix at a low to medium speed till the dough is smooth.
- Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and put it somewhere warm till it doubles in size (30-40 minutes).
- Knead by hand for a few minutes. Put it in a 1kg loaf tin, cover, and put it somewhere warm for another 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 20-25 minutes. The surface should be golden brown. The bottom should sound hollow when tapped.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)