Very Moist Chocolate Cake
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 50ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 125g caster sugar
- 100g cooking chocolate, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 100ml boiling water
- 35g cocoa powder
- 125g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp light vegetable oil (e.g. sunflower)
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Dissolve the cocoa powder in the boiling water and set aside to cool.
- Put the butter and sugar in the bowl. Cream for a few seconds at low speed (1-2) and gently add half the egg, followed by half the flour, gently increasing the speed to a medium speed (3-4).
- Add the remaining egg and flour and mix to a smooth texture.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix till smooth and velvety.
- Pour the mixture into a dish, cover with foil or greaseproof paper and steam for one hour, or till a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)