Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
This quick and easy recipe will have a breakfast ready for the whole family in no time - gone are the days of shop bought Scotch Pancakes when you try this out!
- 200g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ pint milk
- Pinch of salt
- Butter to grease pan
- Golden syrup to serve
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Place all the ingredients, except the golden syrup into your Russell Hobbs blender and whisk together until it forms a thick smooth batter.
- Grease and heat frying pan and test the temperature by dropping a small spoonful of batter into the pan and if the underside turns brown in under a minute, the heat is sufficient.
- When satisfied with the temperature, place a table spoon of batter into the heated pan and leave for approximately 8 seconds until the surface of the pancake has bubbled a little, then flip over and cook for a further few more seconds.
- Top tip, wrap the pancakes in a tea towel to keep moist.
- Use the golden syrup to serve.
Alternative serving suggestions:
- Whipped cream
- In season raspberries and strawberries
Completed steps (click to remove last step)