Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
You can't beat a perfect Meringue with lots of different fruits. Make yours today with this delicious recipe.
- 3 large free range egg whites, at room temperature
- 150g caster sugar
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Preheat your oven to fan 120ºC. Line two baking trays with baking paper (meringue can stick to greaseproof paper and foil).
- Put the egg whites into a large clean glass or metal mixing bowl. Using a hand blender with the whisk attachment, beat them on low speed until the mixture resembles a fluffy cloud and stands up in stiff peaks when the whisk is lifted.
- Continue whisking using the high speed and start to add the caster sugar, a bit at a time. Continue beating for 3-4 seconds between each addition of the caster sugar. Be careful not to over beat the mixture. The mixture should be thick and glossy.
- Using two dessertspoons, scoop 16 evenly sized ball shaped meringues onto the baking paper, leaving plenty of space between them.
- Bake for 1-1 ½ hours until the meringues are pale, golden-brown, crisp and lift away easily from the baking paper. Turn the oven off then open the oven door slightly and leave the meringues to cool inside the oven.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)