Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Farmhouse Fruit Cake
A good old fashioned fruit cake for any time of the year.
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 75g glacé cherries, chopped
- 75g each of sultanas and raisins
- 25g mixed peel
- 300g self raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Grease a 20cm (8”) round cake tin and line with greaseproof paper. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Put the butter, sugar, dried fruits and spices in the bowl, and beat with a hand mixer at speed 3 till combined slightly.
- Add the eggs and milk and beat for a few seconds, gradually add the flour and continue beating till well mixed.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 1½ hours.
- Cool in the tin for 15 minutes then turn on to a wire rack.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)