Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
Easter Chocolate Tart
A rich, decadent chocolate filling inside buttery pastry and topped with golden mini eggs - the perfect treat to share with the family!
- 225g plain flour
- 75g caster sugar
- 110g butter
- 1 large free range egg
- 600g dark chocolate
- 600g double cream
- 60ml milk
- 1 packet golden eggs
Method (click to mark as completed)
- To make the pastry, sift the flour into the Russell Hobbs mini chopper, add the butter and process until it forms a mixture which has a texture like breadcrumbs. Add the sugar and process again. Fit the dough hooks to the Russell Hobbs Desire Hand Mixer. Put the flour mixture into a bowl and add the eggs and enough water to form a dough when mixed. Roll into a ball and wrap in cling film, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160ºC.
- Once rested, remove the pastry from the fridge and roll it out to approx. 2-3mm thick. Prick the pastry all over with a fork. Line the cake tin with the pastry and trim off most of the excess allowing about 1-2 cm of the pastry to overhang the cake tin. Once trimmed, line the pastry with baking paper and fill with ceramic baking beans. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is firm. Remove from the oven and carefully remove the baking beans and baking paper. Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes. Remove then leave to rest until completely cool.
- For the filling, bring the cream to the boil then remove from the heat. Allow to cool for 1 minute then add the chocolate and stir. Allow to cool for 1 minute then add the milk. Stir until everything is combined and the mixture has a shiny look. Pour the mixture into the tart case. Evenly distribute the golden eggs pushing them slightly into the chocolate mixture. Leave to set in the fridge for 1 hour.
Completed steps (click to remove last step)