Coronavirus – the latest updates from Russell Hobbs - FIND OUT MORE
The best way to use up those over ripe bananas and even better, it can be done in your breadmaker!
- 125g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 190g self-raising flour
- 60ml milk
Method (click to mark as completed)
- Melt butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a saucepan over a medium heat. Remove from heat and add the mashed bananas, mix well.
- Add the egg, mix well and stir in the flour and milk and beat with a hand mixer until you have a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin, if desired, sprinkle with a tablespoon of demerara sugar to give a crunchy topping.
- Select the cake option and leave until the programme has ended. To check it is cooked, place a clean skewer in the centre of the cake, if there is residue on the skewer then pop the cake onto a baking tray and pop into the oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Leave to cool and enjoy!
Completed steps (click to remove last step)