Coq Au Vin
- 15kgChicken meat (use breasts and thighs)
- 15Pearl onions (small shallots will do)
- 3 tbspButter
- 1Garlic clove, crushed
- 1Bouquet grain
- 15Button mushrooms
- 2 tbspBrandy
- 1/2 litreWine
- 2 tbspButter and flour (to thicken)
- Step 1Firstly turn on your Russell Hobbs Multi Cooker and select the Steam programme.
- Step 2Place the lardons and the peeled onions in the pan with the butter.
- Step 3Chop the chicken into chunks. When the onions are lightly browned add the chicken pieces, the garlic, whole mushrooms and the bouquet garnish.
- Step 4Sauté for a further 3-5 minutes with the lid closed.
- Step 5Pour the brandy and the wine into the bowl.
- Step 6Select the stew programme and leave for 1 hour.
- Step 7When cooked, check the flavour and add salt and pepper where needed.
- Step 8To thicken the sauce take 2 tbsp of flour and butter - mix in a small bowl then add to the sauce and mix well for a couple of minutes.
- Step 9Enjoy this amazing casserole with potatoes and vegetables.