Chocolate Christmas Pudding
Approx. 10 puddings
A new take on the classic! Impress your guests with this tasty chocolate version.
- 450g Dark chocolate
- 30g Butter
- 1 shot Brandy
- 220g Combination of mixed fruits/glace cherries
- 170g Combination of hazelnuts/walnuts, lightly crushed
- 175g Digestive biscuits, broken into small pieces
- 350g Dark chocolate
- 30g Butter
- 150g White chocolate
- Step 1Lightly coat your pudding moulds or ramekins with oil and set aside. In a bowl add the dried fruit, broken biscuits and crushed nuts.
- Step 2In a separate bowl break the chocolate up into small pieces and add the butter, melt in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water until completely melted and combined.
- Step 3Add the brandy.
- Step 4Pour the chocolate over the other ingredients and mix well, spoon into the mould and refrigerate for at least 12 hours before turning out on to a wire rack with a tray underneath.
- Step 5For the topping: Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl then spoon over the top of the pudding allowing the chocolate to cover the pudding, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Step 6 Melt the white chocolate in a bowl and spoon over the top of the dark chocolate, allowing this to drip down the side.
- Step 7Refrigerate for at least a further 30 minutes before serving.