This is a case where less is certainly more. These buttery, sweet biscuits are the perfect pairing with a cup of tea morning, noon or night.
- 100g Butter
- 150g Caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 1 Medium egg
- 100g Plain flour
- 100g Self raising flour
- Step 1Put the butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl.
- Step 2Beat with a Russell Hobbs hand mixer at medium speed till fluffy (1-2 minutes).imagename Desire Matte Black Hand MixerPrice £32.99sku 24672
- Step 3Add the egg. Gradually increase speed until everything has combined.
- Step 4Sift the flours together then work them into the mixture.
- Step 5Form the mixture into balls. Put them on a greased baking tray. Flatten them slightly.
- Step 6Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC for 12-15 minutes.
- Step 7Cool on the tray for a few minutes, then move to a wire rack.