- In a frying pan sauté the onions until soft, add the beans, coriander, cumin, and cayenne and cook until the mixture is hot, about 3 minutes. Mash the mix into a coarse paste. Season to taste with salt and cool.
- Preheat your Russell Hobbs Purifry to 180°C.
- Peel the banana and coat in a little oil – place in the Purifry and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheets onto a floured surface, Cut into 6 squares. Place 1 tablespoon of the bean filling in the centre of each square. Sprinkle each mound of filling with cheese and top with a few slices of banana. Brush the edges of squares with the beaten egg then fold each square to make a triangle or pasty shape.
- Using a fork, seal the crust edges and brush with a little more egg wash.
- Place the pasty parcel in the hot Purifry for around 10 – 15 minutes or until golden. Serve hot – Yummm.
Top Tip: make a large batch and place them in the freezer uncooked so that you can bring out a few at a time and cook to order!
Nutritional Facts: Serving Size: 3; Calories 364, Fat 20%, Carbohydrates 20%, Fibre 5%.