Easy and tasty pumpkin cake recipe using the Russell Hobbs Multicooker. Simply mix the ingredients and let the machine do the rest!
For the cake:
1. Butter and line the removable cooking pot with baking paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.
3. Beat the eggs into the melted butter, stir in the orange zest and juice, and then mix with the dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
4. Stir in the grated pumpkin one handful, mixing well between stages.
5. Pour the mixture into your lined cooking pot and place into your Multicooker.
6. Select the cake setting and set the timer for 2 hrs 30 mins.
7. Cook until golden brown.
You can test the cake is cooked by placing a knife into the middle; if there is no cake residue when the knife is removed your cake should be cooked.
For the frosting:
1. Beat together the soft cheese, butter, icing sugar, orange zest and the juice of half an orange in a large mixing bowl until smooth and creamy.
2. Set aside in the fridge whilst you wait for the cake to cook.
3. When the cake is cooked, remove from the cooking pot and place on a cooling rake for 5 minutes, prick the cake all over and pour the remaining orange juice over the top leaving it to soak into the sponge then leave to cool completely.
4. Once cooled spread the frosting over the cake and leave to set.